02/1997 NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GT-R (The Borg)
• 02/1997 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R Series 3
• World famous full ground up build “The Borg”
• Mileage 78,000 miles (less than 6k miles on RIPS build)
• Over £100,000 in build and maintenance receipts
• Award winning show car
• No major accident history
HJA bring you this incredible R33 GT-R known as “The Borg” this car single handily had the skyline scene captivated back in 2010/2011 during its production as full ground up builds were not common back then as they are today.
This vehicle has undergone a full top to bottom, under and over, in and out restoration and upgrade to the highest level with over 1500-man hours spent and 1000s of dollars’ worth of new and restored parts. At the time of its production, it was considered by many to be one of the tidiest R33 GTRs in the world and it is of a show winning standard throughout.
The rebuild was extensive - the overall work items shows a total expenditure of NZD238,450 - approximately £96,000 for the work completed by RIPS. There are also various Subsequent invoices after the initial RIPS build which takes the total to well over £100k spent not including car cost.
The car has produced 811bhp at the wheels at 1.6bar + Nitrous, so around 900 flywheel hp. Robbie ward piloted it down the strip in full street trim and bogging off the line still managed a 10.5second run. Since it was brought over the U.K the Nitrous has not been used on street so runs a under stressed 700bhp on a normal pump fuel map. The NO2 system is still fully functional and can be easily activated for the power hungry.
Since rebuild the car has been stored under cover in dry conditions - for past 3 years in a specialist storage facility in Cumbria. The mileage shows that it hasn’t been used much since rebuild but it has been regularly ‘taken for exercise’, and maintained in full road-legal condition.
ENGINE SPEC –
• ENGINE BUILT BY RIPZ
• RIPS RB30 FORGED SPEC MOTOR
• RIPS SPEC FORGED PISTONS
• RIPS SPEC BILLET CONRODS
• RIPS HIGH-CAPACITY SUMP
• RIPS BLOCK BRACE
• RIPS 4WD SUMP ADAPTER
• RIPS CUSTOM INTAKE PLENUM
• RIPS 90MM TB
• TOMEI OIL PUMP
• RIPS SPEC PORTED AND POLISHED CYLINDER HEAD
• TOMEI CAMS, SPRINGS, VALVE GUIDES
• GARRET TO4Z TURBOCHARGER
• TWIN 38MM TURBOSMART WASTEGATES
• CANTON 3 QUART ACCUSUMP
• CUSTOM ALLOY RADIATOR
• RIPS DRAG SPEC INTERCOOLER KIT
• RIPS CUSTOM CATCH TANK
• RIPS WASHER BOTTLE
• RIPS POWER STEERING BOTTLE
• RIPS STAINLESS STEEL 4 INCH EXHAUST SYSTEM WITH BORLA MUFFLER
• 200HP MULTIPORT NITROUS OXIDE SYSTEM (for track and drag use only).
• ALL ALLOY ENGINE AND ANCILLARY PARTS POLISHED
• SARD 1000CC INJECTORS
• TWIN 044 FUEL PUMPS
• RIPS CUSTOM SURGE TANK AND DELIVERY SYSTEM
• AEROMOTIVE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
• GREDDY/TRUST FUEL RAIL
DRIVE TRAIN & SUSPENSION –
• 6 SPEED GETRAG GEARBOX
• HKS STEEL FLYWHEEL AND CLUTCH
• HKS HYPERMAX COILOVERS
• CUSCO CARBON STRUTBRACE
INTERIOR & ELECTRONICS –
• LINK G4 ECU
• RECARO SEATS (Large and comfortable)
• HALF ROLL CAGE (REAR)
• 5 POINT HARNESESS
• GREDDY BOOST GAUGE
• VOLK RACING TE37S
• AP 6 POT BRAKE KIT (FRONT)
• REBUILT at 72,300 miles
PERFORMANCE FIGURES –
0-60 MPH IN 3 SECONDS.
0-140 MPH IN 10.8 SECONDS.
STANDING QUARTER MILE (low boost, no nitrous) 10.6 seconds
TOTAL COST – APPROXIMATELY £110,000