Mazda RX7 Type R Bathurst R
• 10/2001 Mazda RX7 Type R Bathurst R (Series 8 Version VI)
• Japanese Auction Grade 4-B
• No Accident History
• 95,000 km Genuine (Approx 59k miles)
• Limited to 500 units sold in Japan and only 271 in Sunburst yellow
• Stock code: HJA457
HJA bring to you this super rare Mazda RX-7 limited edition version of the RX-7 rotary engine sports car. Equipped with features designed to enhance driving pleasure and its sporty appeal, plus the fact it was limited to 500 units the Type R Bathurst R is really one for the avid car collectors.
The RX-7 has a particularly distinctive design, brimming with originality. Its lightweight, compact, high-output rotary engine allows it to raise responsive handling and performance to an exceptionally high level. The RX-7 is a sports car that exemplifies the Mazda spirit.
The new limited edition model is based on the Type R, with the lightest power-weight ratio among RX-7 series, and features custom height-adjustable dampers designed specially for the limited edition model for enhanced driving excitement. In addition, employing the carbon tone cockpit reminiscent of a racing car adds up to a thoroughly sporty feel. Three body colors are available, including exclusive color for this limited edition vehicle: Sunburst Yellow.
The name Bathurst was chosen to commemorate the Bathurst 12-hour car race in Australia, where the RX-7 has been victorious for three consecutive years (1992 through 1994). Since that time all limited edition versions of the RX-7 have carried the Bathurst name.
Sales of the RX-7 Type R Bathurst R are limited to 500 units for all of Japan although later data shows the number could be a total of 650.
Features of the Type R Bathurst R
The Type R Bathurst R takes as its basis the Type R, the lightest power-weight ratio among RX-7 series, and adds custom height-adjustable dampers designed specially for this limited edition model. This provides a unique driving experience to match the individuality of the customer. Carbon tone interior panels accentuate the sporty feel.
- Custom "Bathurst R" decals
- Height-adjustable dampers (custom designed for the limited edition model)
* Adjustment is performed by the dealer with request of customers
- Carbon tone panels (center panel, center console, power window switch panel and small storage compartment cover on driver's side) (manufactured by Mazda Speed)
- Carbon shift knob and parking brake lever (manufactured by Mazda Speed)
Available body colors: Sunburst Yellow (exclusive to the limited edition model), Pure White, Innocent Blue Mica